The fabric used


I decided to cover the card in wadding to give it a bit more shape and structure. I then chose to cover the piece with a pair of my late husbands jeans.
 
I chose this fabric as my brief throughout has been my personal story with the scooter scene throughout the years. I wanted something that would connect and interlink the whole piece together. I wanted to create an object that obviously told some kind of story and that would make the viewer wonder and think about what the connections could be. I feel it adds meaning and depth to the piece when the actual personal connections are then known. I chose these colours for the embroidery as I wanted to add a more feminine aspect as it mainly male dominated in the actual scooter scene.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decollage

experimental embroidery