experimental embroidery


To add interest to the jeans I roughly cut them into strips and sewn them back together to create a more textural/rough platform to then start adding the words.

I decided to embroidery the actual scooter rallies I have attended which has the greatest meaning to my work. Bridlington, Scarborough, Whitby, Southport and Kelso. These all have personal meanings i.e. from the first scooter rally I ever attended to the last my husband attended. I chose to add two northern soul songs which again have a great deal of personal meaning. I first started to embroidery this on, but found that visually this wasn't strong enough as I knew that this piece would be exhibited online only. I therefore decided not to embroidery these words and just use marker pen. This shows up more in a photograph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

decollage